Your Hometown Body Shop can get your dinged, scratched, broken, and dented cars looks brand new again. Once you get your car back, the last thing you want is to damage it again. Here are 5 tips on keeping your cap looking great and save you money.
- Park away from potential scratches. Don’t pull into a parking spot next to the crooked SUV, and keep away from cart return area or where other pedestrians may accidentally scrape your paint while carrying something past.
- Drive Defensively. Don’t ride the car in front of you (no matter how slow they’re going). Always try to keep a safe distance of cars to either side of you, and if someone is riding your tail, just move over and let them pass. Aggressive driving is a great way to get into an accident and send your car right back into the body shop, or worse put yourself in danger.
- Wash your car. Dust and dirt can damage the paint on a car, especially if left unwashed or washed improperly. Hand washing is always better and use a soft cloth, soap and water starting with the roof on down.
- Park in the shade. The heat will soften up your cars paint and leave it more vulnerable to scratches and other damage. The sun can also cause cracking to your car’s interior
- Immediately repair cracked windshields. If a crack is under 12 inches, it can usually be repaired without replacing the entire windshield.
Unfortunately, no matter how well you care for your car, accidents do happen. When they do, Hometown Auto Body provides exceptional service. We provide a wide range of auto body repair services. Come visit us at one of our four locations for all of your auto body needs and questions.